Pages

Tuesday 11 March 2014

My MAC Palette

Hi guys ... 

This is one of them posts that I LOVE reading on other people's blogs, so I thought I would try it myself! 

I've had a few individual MAC eyeshadows before and always wished I could have a MAC eyeshadow palette .... so when I went to New York last October I jumped at the chance - especially as the make up is slightly cheaper over there!

Each eyeshadow pan is $10, the large/single pro palette is $8 and the pro palette eye shadow insert x15 is $2. 
In the UK each eyeshadow pan is £10, the large/single pro palette is £14 and the pro palette eye shadow insert x15 is £6.50. 

I decided to go for the single palette with 15 eyeshadows over the duo one that has 30 shadows, because I liked the idea of being able to see the eyeshadows without having to open it up, and as the other one is duo it doesn't have the clear plastic at one side (obviously).


Please excuse the mess - I tried to clean it as best I could, but it is used every day and is extremely loved!


So as you can see I have two missing - this irritates my OCD on a daily basis. I just haven't been able to find two other perfect shades that I want . On my way back to the UK when I was in JFK Airport I came across Shroom and Soft Brown in the MAC store there, however they didn't have them in the pan forms. I still bought them and use them everyday I just haven't gotten around to de-potting them yet.

Onto the shadows ...
(left to right, top to bottom)
sketch, espresso, shadowy lady, haux, wedge
retrospeck, all that glitters, satin taupe, malt, omega
mythology, gleam, naked lunch


As you can see, I think I have a good mixture of matte and satin/frost shades and they are obviously neutral colours!
I sat down with a make up artist in MAC in Times Square and I told him the shades I definitely wanted, and he helped me pick out the rest according to my skin tone and eye color!
the only ones that I am not so crazy over and have had difficulty using them would be mythology and gleam on the bottom row - I'm going to continue using them but for now they aren't my favourites.

which are your fav MAC eyeshadows?
any recommendations for the final two shades?
Thanks for reading,
Steph xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment